Office of Independent Education & Parental Choice
Florida Public Charter Schools Grant Program
The Florida Public Charter Schools Grant Program is a competitive grant awarded to charter schools for planning, program design, and initial implementation of the charter school and for supporting the dissemination of successful practices and other information about charter schools.
Planning and Implementation: Florida Department of Education administers the Charter Schools Program (CSP) Planning and Implementation grant through a request for proposals (RFP) process each year.
The general purpose of this grant is to provide financial assistance for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of charter schools and expand the number of high quality charter schools in Florida.
Dissemination: Charter Schools in operation for at least three years who have not previously received a dissemination grant may be eligible to apply. Additional eligibility criteria may be established by the Department and may vary with each application cycle.
Below are sample forms and additional technical assistance papers related to the CSP Grant.
CSP Grant Forms
- DOE 101S Grant Budget Narrative Form (Word, 98KB)
- DOE 101S Planning Budget Example (Word, 86KB)
- DOE 101S Implementation Example (Excel, 60KB)
- DOE 150 Project/Budget Amendment Request Form (Word, 50KB)
- DOE 151 Grant Budget Form (Word, 50KB)
- Itemized Expenditure Report (Excel, 77KB)
- 2011 Public Charter School Grant Program Non-regulatory Guidance (PDF, 364KB)
CSP Technical Assistance Papers
- Administrative Fees (PDF)
- Pre-K Grant Awards(PDF)
- Subgrantee Conflict of Interest Technical Assistance Paper(PDF)
- Federal Procurement Standards(PDF, 29KB)
- Procurement Policy Checklist (PDF, 22KB)
- Travel Information Sheet(PDF, 23KB)
CSP Grant Monitoring
- Site Visit Monitoring Rubric(PDF, 208KB)
2011-14 Presentations and Handouts:
- 2011 CSP Grant Recipient Orientation— Webinar (PPT, 4MB)
- 2011 CSP Implementation Bootcamp Presentation (PPT, 2MB)
- 2011 CSP Grant Checklist (PDF, 56KB)
- 2011 CSP Allowable Expenses (PDF, 149KB)
- 2010 CSP Grant Recipient Orientation (PDF, 958KB)