Office of Independent Education & Parental Choice
2014-17 Planning and Implementation Grant
The Florida Department of Education has released a Request for Proposals for the 2014-17 Public Charter Schools Grant Program (CSP). The 2014-17 CSP Grant is for planning and initial implementation of newly approved public charter schools.
2014-17 CSP Request for Proposals (PDF, 369KB)
Charter Schools that are currently open are not eligible to apply for this competition.
To be eligible to apply for this grant an application must meet one of the following Criteria:
- Submitted a charter school application to its Sponsor (district) in 2012 or 2013; or
- Submitted a charter school application to its Sponsor earlier than 2012 and has a fully executed charter contract to open in the 2014-15 school year.
Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Charter application has been approved by its Sponsor; or
- 2013 Charter application is pending; or
- 2013 Charter application has been denied and applicant has a pending appeal.
Application Due Date
Stage I proposal is due by January 10, 2014 at 5:00 pm.The due date refers to the date and time the proposal must be fully submitted through the CSP Review Room at https://flcsp.fluidreview.com//.
The RFP (page 19) provides instructions for submitting a Stage I Proposal. Stage I Proposals do not need Superintendent signature.
Technical Assistance Conference Call
The Florida Department of Education will conduct technical assistance webinar/conference calls on December 4, 2013 at 10am and 3pm. The purpose of the webinar/call is to provide information related to the technical requirements of the grant. Participation is not required. Instructions for registering for the webinar are located on page 20 of the RFP. The webinars at 10am and 3pm will be the same